Thursday, March 26, 2009

We're Moving to Calgary!

On March 12th Matt received a conditional job offer with the Calgary Fire Department. The Recruit Training Camp begins May 18th, so we are packing up and moving to Calgary! Everything is happening so quickly...it is bitter sweet. We are so heart broken to have to be leaving Mom, Dad, Jeff and Robyn, but at the same time we are so excited for Matt to finally get his dream job! Matt will be flying out on April 18th for about 2 weeks to do a bunch of tests and fittings ect. but most importantly to write his tkt exam on the 30th. This is a very important test that if he fails, the job offer will be lost. soooo... Matt is studying his butt off right now while i run around with my head cut off. He will be flying home on May 1st with his dad. That same day they will hop in the 'prepacked' truck and begin their 39 hour non-stop drive to Okotoks, Alberta! Lucky for me i get to FLY there on May 5th with Parks and Ammo:) Matt's wonderful and amazing cousin, Christine, has taken it upon herself to get Parks and I to Calgary free of charge and she's flying WITH us (you gotta love family flight attendants). I am so grateful. Thank you again Christine. So as you can see there is alot going on with the ottawa hills right now...I am desperately trying to teach my mom some computer skills, so that we can stay in touch through blogging and facebook. I am so happy they bought a new computer and made up a nice cozy new room for it. My parents are the most amazing people you will ever meet. Their love for us is so unconditional. Moving across the country away from them has always been my worst nightmare, but somehow they are managing to dig deep and help Matt, Parks, Ammo and I start our new life out there. I love you guys more than you can know. Thank you for making this huge decision in our life bearable.

1 comment:

  1. HEY!! I didn't know you had a blog...apparently no one else did either haha. Sooo will you be coming to Utah anytime soon? When are you moving out west?

    ReplyDelete