Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pizza Perfection

Christina is visiting from Ottawa with her cute little daughter, Ava for the week and among other things she taught me how to make my own pizza dough! I don't usually venture out on these sort of things because I'm afraid of failure...this pizza was the best pizza I've ever had AND alot healthier! It may have something to do with the fact that I'm 6 months pregnant and in love with food at the present moment, but nevertheless it was delicious!!
I highly recommend it, so here is the recipe for all the pizza lovers:)
Enjoy!

1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water (not luke warm but not too hot to touch)
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tbps olive oil
1 tsp salt
2 tsp white sugar

In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. (Do not over stir the yeast, just enough to get it all wet). Let stand until creamy (about 10 mins.)
In large bowl, combine flour, olive oil, salt, white sugar and yeast mixture. Stir well until stiff dough. Place a bit of flour on surface than put the dough on top and kneed until not sticky (keep adding flour to the surface).
Cover dough and let rise until doubled in volume (about 30 mins).
Take dough out onto well floured surface and roll into pizza shape...dress it up and
Bake for 20-30 mins until golden brown.



2 comments:

  1. YUMMM!! We make pizza all the time, pretty much the best thing ever! How fun that Christina is visiting, glad your having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this post. I am the same way, I don't even venture to make pizza dough in fear of failure.... but I will try this recipe out if you say it's great! I'm excited and will let you know what happens!!!

    ReplyDelete