Saturday, April 24, 2010

Outside Adventures

 The weather has been so warm these past few days, Matt and I have spent ALOT of time outside...we are determined to fix up our front and back yard.  We were given bricks for our walk way when we first bought our house, so Matt has been working on that mostly.  We got tons of sand from Matt's dad to set the bricks in (Parks was a happy camper!).  The pathway is done and it looks awesome! We now want to make Parks a sandbox in the backyard cuz sand keeps him busy for hours:)  Anyways I weeded our garden and raked the front yard...I want my grass nice this year:)...Our neighbour, that we share grass with, decided to cut his grass today (who cuts their grass in APRIL anyway, it hasn't even had a chance to grow yet!) anyways he decides when Matt, Parks and I were having a nap to cut OUR grass too!! (it was a nice thought, but) NOW my beautiful grass (on one side) is soooo incredibly short and no longer green...and bound to burn once the sun comes out.  I'm mad.  He left the rest of our grass alone on the other side of our path, so that is nice and green and thick!! Matt doesn't want to say anything to him because he is trying to do a nice thing, but i'm thinkin my grass better not stay bright YELLOW!  anyways now we are working on the side of the house...mom, we decided to just plant grass seed and hope for the best:)  Than on to the backyard this week...we'll get Matt's dad's skidsteer and scrape out our weed infested driveway, get dirt, plant grass seed, start looking into where we should buy our fence so Matt can install it (cant wait for a fenced in backyard!), and wood for a patio deck...hmmm what else oh ya and have a baby:)  I'll take pics of the finished front yard when it stops raining/snowing...




We bought Parks a sweet bubble blower machine from walmart...it keeps him sooo entertained:)


No comments:

Post a Comment