Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Grace at 12 weeks old


Gracie weighed in at 14lb 2 1/2oz and is already 24 inches long!  She is now in the 97th% for her age!!  She doesn't seem big to me, but apparently she is:)  She had to get 3 shots last week for her vaccinations.  She did really well and had no symptoms afterwards.  Sleeping wise, she goes to bed around 8pm and sleeps for 9-10hours! Wakes for a quick feed and sleeps for another 2-3hrs!! yesssss.  swaddling is the key for sure.  As well we've been putting her to bed awake...she looks around and than puts herself to sleep.  That is something I wish I did with Parks.  Overall she is an awesome baby.  She hardly cries and usually only makes a fuss when she is hungry.  She lets Matt and I bring her on the boat constantly these past few days...and while in her car seat she takes all those bumps like a trooper:)  She has just recently started to notice her hands and loves to suck on her little fist. so cute.  She still has her big blue eyes, so we shall see if they stay for good. I hope so!  She loves to stand up and smiles all the time.  She is already a Daddy's girl...he gets the biggest smiles.  Breastfeeding is her favorite past time...every 2 usually 3 hours during the day, and just recently she has started to stare at me and if I look away she unlatches and starts to coo at me with a big smile.  Its become bit of a game.  She loves to say 'ah goo' its soooo cute to hear her tiny little voice.  We are so happy with our little girl.  Parks is just IN LOVE with her. We are excited to get out to Ottawa in a few more days and have Grace's Auntie Robyn, Uncle Jeffie and cousin Tessa meet her for the first time!!

1 comment: