Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hill Family Reunion 2010

It was a great week with all the happenin hills at Tie Lake.  Its a pretty big deal when we can get everyone out at the SAME time.  We ALL have such a blast especially all the kids with their cousins.  Grant and Sue have 23 grandchildren now!  Its a busy place to be but so worth all the great bonding time:)
Caitlin organized activities, meal plans, and just 'organizing' in general, so we could get the most out of the week together...without TOTAL chaos.  Thank you so much Caitlin for taking the initiative!
Matt and I organized the 'Water Olympics' again this year, we had an awesome glow stick dance party one night, we did an AMAZING triathlon created specially for our family by Caitlin and Kristi.  (My first time running since having Grace...7 1/2 weeks after surgery pretty sweet).  Lots of boating and playing in the water ofcorse,  we had an awesome talent show that a few of the sister-in-laws ROCKED! haha  I felt like I was in high school again planning out our dance routine...it was so fun girls.  I hope I made Tina Turner proud;)  And throughout all those activities the brothers ripped off the old porch beside the main cabin and built a muchly needed new one.  As well as take the new dock back out of the water to make a days work of adjustments on the floaters.  (In other words make the dock float higher above the water). 
Grace and Parks were awesome the whole time...sleeping great.  Matt and I got sick half way through the week with an annoying cough that only comes when you want to sleep, sore throat plus I lost my voice and sounded like an old man for a few days.  all good fun:)
Parks has been continuing to wakeboard and never says no when he is asked to go.  He has been having so much fun with his cousins...its a love/hate relationship with them all.  (i always find it so heartwarming how little kids can hate each other one second, forget about it, and love each other a few seconds later.  I guess that's the way we adults are suppose to be, or rather, try to be).
Grace and I have yet to even go in the boat...which is very strange for me.  I guess once I am able to wakeboard it'll be different.  I cant wait to get out on the water.  Here are some pics from our big family photo shoot:










We miss you Jessica!

Caitlin thank you for making that week so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment