Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Looking Back at 2010!

Here are a few highlights of 2010.  It's so nice taking the time to look back and remember all the things we did and accomplished over the past year...we feel so blessed.

-Parks turned 2 in January and started sleeping in a big boy bed...he has grown up so incredibly much in just one year!
-In February my very good friend, Christina, visited us from Ottawa with her daughter Ava.  They stayed with us for a week!  It was so nice to have them here and see our new life in Alberta.
-Matt, Parks and I all flew to Ottawa in mid February for our 'Potvin' Christmas.  It was the first time Matt had been back since we moved...he was only able to stay for 4 days than back to work he went.  We met our newest niece, Tessa for the first time! Parks and I stayed for 2 weeks.
-I was given two baby showers (Ottawa/Alberta)
-In March we gave Parks his first buzz haircut...it was very hard for Mommy to watch all his hair fall to the floor...
-I finished Grace's Nursery 2 months before she was born...I was eager, but in my defence it was just a closet.
-We spent Easter long weekend at Tie Lake.  Matt crashed his Dad's snowmobile which later cost us $2400! 
-Matt passed his very important one year Firefighting exam with 94% and officially was no longer a rookie firefighter as of May 18th! wooooho!
-At 37 weeks pregnant I walked the entire Calgary Zoo on the hottest day ever...I couldn't move the next day!
-On May 19th Matt and I celebrated 10 years together...that was the day we started dating:)
-Our beautiful baby girl Grace was born on May 28th.  She is our biggest blessing of the year.  We are so very grateful to have her in our Family.
-My parents flew out in June (Dad's first time ever since we moved here) to meet Grace.  Dad stayed for a week and Mom stayed for 3 weeks!  They were a HUGE help.
-We had Grace's Blessing when she was 2 weeks old...while my parents were here.
-At the end of June Matt bought a motorbike off his brother.
-Spent a lot of time at the Brand New Okotoks Spray Park
-In June Matt and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary...my mom watched the kids while we went out to dinner and a motorbike cruise (the one and only).
-Matt went on paternity leave shortly after Grace was born for 4 months...best decision ever!
-Spent most of the summer at Tie Lake
-In August we had the 2nd Annual Hill Family Reunion at Tie Lake for a week...It was a great time...
I ran for the first time at 7 1/2 weeks postpartum...not such a great idea after a c-section.
-Matt, the kids and I flew out to Ottawa in September, so my brother and Robyn could meet Grace for the first time.  We stayed for 2 weeks.
-Matt turned 26 years old in September
-We decided it would be best to sell Matt's motorbike as it was just not suitable for our family
-Shortly after making the decision to sell Matt's motorbike, I backed our car over it...we have some repairs to do now:( oops!
-Hunting Season was good to Matt this year...He shot a Cow Moose and later in the season a buck that was 5 inches off of being in the record books...lots of meat in our freezer this year:)
-I turned 27 years old in October
-Ammo turned 4 years old in October:)
- The kids and I flew out to Ottawa in November for our 3rd trip of the year and stayed for 3 weeks!
-Matt finished paternity leave and his vacation weeks at the end of November and was ready to be a Firefighter again.
-We spent Christmas with the Hill Family and enjoyed our own time at home with the kids.
-On New Year's Eve night we put the kids to bed early...lit some candles, had a chocolate fondue with fruit, drank yummy sparkling juice out of our fancy wedding glasses...and played an awesome couples game.  It was the best night ever!



It was an awesome year to say the least and I look forward to 2011!  I'm so grateful for the good times... and for the bad times for making me stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment