This year was Christmas with the Hill Family. We enjoyed it very much and it was nice to see everyone. Matt and I are starting our own traditions with our little family of 4 too. On Christmas Eve we went into Calgary to watch the Live Nativity Pageant...it was freezing cold:) and we had to wait in line for almost an hour before we could watch it. (I know! its crazy...open to all the public and every one's lovin it) Luckily we went with Rob, Tammy and kids as well as Barb, Ben and kids so the wait went by fairly quickly...plus we brought hot chocolate:) As soon as we got home we opened up our new pajamas from Nana and Papa (a 'Potvin' tradition that I intend to keep), than we had Parks decorate Santa's cookies...Parks wrote him a little letter, we put it all downstairs and off to sleep Parks went like a good little EXCITED boy. Christmas morning was wonderful. Parks opened his stocking first...was thrilled with everything! We had our traditional eggs Benedict with hash browns...another 'Potvin' tradition:) Than he opened up his present from Santa...a new train table (thanks Nana and Papa:)) Matt and Parks spent most of the morning putting it together down in the basement...and around 11:30 we opened up the rest of Parks' presents while skyping with my parents, Jeff, Robyn and Tessa. I think it is safe to say Parks LOVES Christmas. That night was the traditional Hill Christmas Eve Dinner at the Big Rock Chinese restaurant. We took up half the restaurant...i think we were close to 50 people?? After that we went to a retirement home and acted out the Nativity Story to the old folks there. The Spirit was strongly felt and it was such a nice way to give of our time. Christmas Day Matt worked...Parks played with his billions of toys for a good part of the day than the kids and I went out to Matt's parents...we went tobogganing, than had Christmas dinner with the whole family again:) Turkey this time. Matt arrived from work in time for dinner. We played a fun present exchange/stealing game. It was a good time.
Christmas' just keep getting better and better thanks to these two little munchkins
The very important cookies and milk!
Our living room all decked out and ready for Christmas morning
I don't know how long he will believe in Santa for, but I plan on holding on to these adorable moments when he is just in aw.
Here we are Christmas morning 2010.
Our beautiful Children
Proud Mama with her little angel
Matt was the narrator and Grace was baby Jesus:)
No comments:
Post a Comment