Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tough Guy

Saturday night was suppose to be a nice relaxing night...not so much!  Parks was playing with Matt and I in his room just before going to bed, and went to run down the hallway...tripped over himself and hit his face directly into his step stool that was suppose to be in the bathroom...lovely.  Lots of blood, lots of screaming...we had no idea he lost 2 teeth...after sort of calming him down and looking to see if his tongue or lip was cut...I found 2 teeth on the floor by his stool! Oh ya his two beautiful front teeth...root and all are gone:(  I brought him to Urgent Care (which I am sooo grateful is just down our road 2 minutes away).  Matt stayed home cuz Grace was asleep for the night.  The Doctor surprised me by telling me he was going to put the teeth back in!?!  I felt weak in the knees to say the least...but he assured me if the teeth would stay in it would be best...it had been about an hour since his teeth fell out...but I didn't think that mattered...The Doctor wiped some numbing gel over the area first and proceeded to push one in!  Parks could feel EVERYTHING...it was awful and all he kept saying was 'Mommy take it out! It hurts..." screaming at the top of his lungs.  The tooth looked retarded and not very sturdy, so I told the Doc to take it out as he clearly didn't know what he was doing.  Matt got a hold of a dentist friend and he said don't put the teeth back in...that is only done with adult teeth and it has to be done immediately otherwise there will be too much swelling.  I don't know what to really think about the whole situation...I am calling a dentist tomorrow and hopefully bringing Parks in asap.  I don't care so much about the look cuz he is so young and totally doesn't care.  Its more about infection, if his adult teeth will come in straight, will there be enough space after not having teeth there for so long? will he talk with a wisp?? I'm trying to stay calm and realize that it could have been a lot worse and that my baby is still happy and healthy.  I just hate that this happened to him, but it has shown us what a tough little guy he is!



1 comment:

  1. wow he is tough that's for sure!! poor little guy, i hope is works out all okay, post an update soon!

    ReplyDelete