Thursday, October 13, 2011

What have I been doing....

Well this is an update on ME!  It wont take very long because I'm boring;)  but I thought this post was necessary.  I have been tending to my on and off sick children now for 3 weeks!!  Parks is good now,
 Grace should be good by tomorrow...haha that's funny because I've been saying that for the last 3 weeks, its mostly that she wakes up at night time EVERY night with a stuffed nose and just grumpy.  Grandad checked her out a few days ago...when I thought I was going to lose my mind and he says she is fine, nothing serious.  So that means its just the next worse thing to being sick...TEETHING:(  3 out of her 4 eye teeth have just poked through!  That had better mean she will start sleeping through the night again.  I don't know why but I just cant seam to get much done these days...laundry is everywhere dirty and clean.  I feel like I'm always picking up toys.  Dishes...well those are actually getting done somewhere along the way.  I just don't care.  Matt has been in a hazmat training course for the past month (he's finished as of tomorrow!!) and has been working a regular hour job 5 days a week.  I hate it.  enough said.  BUT I did manage to reorganize my food pantry in the kitchen!!  This made me so happy.  I went and bought these awesome 5L Rubbermaid containers to put my flour, sugar etc into.  And these cute jars for my baking powder, soda etc.  Everything is all labelled and so easy to find now!  It makes baking sooo easy.  In fact I've been baking alot lately.  Its just relaxing and ofcorse rewarding.  I made banana bread, rice krispies, banana nut oatmeal cookies (that are somewhat healthy from this blog that a friend recently sent to me called skinnytaste.com...they have awesome easy healthy recipes) and just yesterday chewy skor toffee bit cookies....those are my favorite and oh so bad for you:)  I thought I'd share that recipe because they are seriously AMAZING!  You have to indulge once in awhile right?!  Besides baking I've FINALLY completed MY RECIPE book/binder.  I wrote out all my favorite recipes and have them in this cute binder.  Its awesome and it makes me so happy that I finally got it done.  I also ordered Angie's Cookbook, in pdf because that's all she has left, and I'm SO excited about it because well she is an awesome cook and there are a ton of recipes in it:)
So to keep my 'no more cleaning the house' up I have started cleaning out/organizing my iPhoto pictures on our computer.  We have soooo many pictures not labelled or sorted through...like 15, 000 items worth!  This needs to get done before our computer crashes...hopefully by the end of the year I will have Grace's 1st year book ready to order as well as Parks' 1st and 2nd year that I still haven't ordered...along with ALL 3 years of my blog that I still need to put into books and order.  The thought of losing all those precious memories is really freaking me out these days.  So yeah! Here is that awesome recipe..ENJOY!

2 1/4 cup Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 (10oz) pkg. skor toffee bits

Beat butter and sugars in mixer, than add eggs and vanilla.  In seperate bowl mix dry ingredients together with a whisk and slowly add to wet 1/4 cup at a time and beat well.  Stir in toffee bits. 
Bake at 350 10 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment