Friday, December 9, 2011
Grace at 18 months old!
My little baby girl is not a baby anymore:( I dont know when it happened, but I look at her and she is a little toddler now...We had to move her out of Parks' room about a month or two ago, she was waking up way too much at night time because of endless colds, an ear infection and lets not forget the first problem, beaver fever...that I swear lowered her immune system so much hence why she keeps getting so sick!! She weighes 24 lbs...which means she hasn't been gaining much weight from having endless diahhrea for the past 3 months. Looking back to the last time I weighed her which was at 13 months old (somehow I missed 16 months old) she weighed 23lbs 11oz...5 months later only 24lbs:( It hurts my heart so much to see her always having some sort of sickness...and yes she is a little toddler and yes I know they always get sick, but really enough is enough! We have been home from Utah now for 2 1/2 weeks and Grace has been sick that whole time (granted we all have been really sick with whatever we caught out there...and it has been horrible ever since we left...trying to get better, but it just always seems like we all get better and Gracie is the one still stuggling). So I've decided to take matters into my own hands...with the diahhrea situation. I've googled a lot of things... and after discussing it with our Doctor, she suggested putting her on a lactose free diet (well mostly just switching her 2 bottles of homo milk to soy milk...there is a good possibility that from the beaver fever and having diahhrea for so long that her digestive system may be finding it too hard to deal with the lactose/dairy. BUT I've heard soy milk @120 cals. is not all that healthy for you and I dont think it has nearly enough fats in it for Grace (who needs a few more pounds on her...that's why I like Homo with160 cals). I'm also trying to cut back sugar and processed foods from her diet since apparently sugar feeds the bad bacteria in your body. Lastly I'm giving her probiotic drops everyday (aswell as plain yogurt which she hates)...this will help her to feed the good bacteria in her body and hopefully be rid of diahhrea!!! This is probably very boring to most people reading this, but it is very important for me to journal and remember. PLUS I am stumped on what to do for my poor little girl...I'm thinking we will get her stool retested again for the 2nd time just incase and maybe do bloodwork. I just have this motherly gut feeling that something isn't right...on a good note though...last night was the first night that Grace didn't wake up with a cough attack:) I think after almost 3 weeks she is finally getting over this cold!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment