Thursday, December 26, 2013

December is HERE!!

I was so excited for Christmas this year I decided to put up our tree on November 24th! Thats early! But who cares! I love decorating our home and making it all festive and full of the Christmas Spirit.  On December 1st we had our oh so loved Elf on the shelf make her grand entrance! Parks and Grace every morning run around the house looking for Snowflake. 


We also started our fun tradition on December 1st with our advent chain...each day the kids rip one open and see what Christmas family activity we will be doing that day.  I LOVE it , it makes me plan ahead and really enjoy the days leading up to Christmas.  Some of the things we've done are: writing and mailing our Santa letters, make hot glue gun snowflakes, we went to the movies to see FROZEN, it was adorable! Have a pizza night, donate a turkey to a less fortunate family, get a picture with Santa (they got to see Santa 3 times, but know that 2/3 were just Santa's helpers), indoor skating, family swim night, silly San Fran spagetti supper with Gran and Grandad, hockey/donuts with the Byam's, secret cookie drop offs, family Christmas movie night, Parks' school xmas concert, snowmobiling/hot chocolate fun, science centre, dinner at the Fire hall, we went to the Live Outdoor Nativity w some family and did a few little crafty things at home.  It sounds busy but it it wasn't, it was a lot of fun.  


                                                               Our ward xmas party                              

Calgary Fire Christmas party

                                                              Last 3 years with SANTA!

                                                   They've grown up so much this year:)
             snowmobiling day                                                
A HYPER gingerbread night


Science Centre
Hockey Night
                                                
Parks' concert                                                
                                                    
                                                         Christmas Dinner at the Firehall

                                             It doesn't feel like Christmas until I've baked!

My most favourite tradition is going to the Live Outdoor Nativity Pageant that our Church has been putting on for free to the public for 50 years.  We love bringing the kids and reminding them that this is the reason with celebrate Christmas, we are celebrating the birth of our Saviour.  Its easy to get caught up in the rushing around and shopping, I'm so grateful for precious reminders and the Spirit that is in our home.  I feel truly blessed.








No comments:

Post a Comment