Monday, May 25, 2009

A FireFighter and A House!

It has almost been 3 weeks since our big move to Okotoks! I miss my family back home like crazy, thank goodness for Skype, emails and of course the telephone:) Matt has almost completed his first 2 weeks of Firefighter Training and LOVES it! Only NINE more weeks to go before he gets on to a Station. It is really long days for the both of us right now, but it will pay off soon! I'm so proud of him, he doesn't like to brag so I will do it for him...:) He is one of the top guys in his class! He ran the longest in the 'beep' test (out of almost 40 guys!) AND stayed at the front of the pack during their 4km run. Ok i'll stop now:-) So while Matt was busy becoming a firefighter last week, I BOUGHT us a HOUSE! We found our house the 1st week we arrived here and than I made it all happen:) I had no idea how much paperwork would be involved, its crazy! Anyways, it is really cute. It's in Okotoks right beside a natural reserve with bike paths & walkways! It only has 2 bedrooms but is so spacious, it has a cathedral ceiling when you walk in which makes it look way bigger than it actually is:) and has a huge unfinished basement, which is what we wanted. It's awesome! Our closing date is in 3 more weeks, on June 12th. We had to be out of the house we are staying in by the end of June... What a blessing!
Besides that we have been doing lots of visiting with friends and family, we went to our first 'Boil' that was sooo yummy, Parks and I went to the zoo for the 1st time on Friday and Matt's parents had their Annual Family Car Auction this past Saturday. It went really well, everyone has the option to work in the Auction. Matt's job was to drive the cars in and out of the ring to get bid on...Tammy and I had the job of babysitting 10 of our nieces and nephews...it was busy, but surprisingly easy:) Thank goodness for 'snugli' backpacks and strollers! Parks has been spending lots of time with his cousin Morgan, she is one year older almost to the day, and is visiting for 2 weeks from Utah. They are both learning how to share:-) There is a great rec center here in Okotoks... Caitlin, Kristi and I brought our kids swimming the other day, it was very cute. We wish we would have brought our cameras! All is going well...besides wishing Mom and Dad, Jeff and Robyn were here to share in all the fun. I love you guys.

My Hunky Hubby!

Parks loves being the demo for all Matt's new rope tricks

It's a picture of a picture, but it's still OUR HOUSE!!

At the Zoo with the Gang!

Here is Parks with all his redhead cousins:-)

Playtime with his Auntie Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment