Friday, June 11, 2010

2 weeks old!

Well Grace is 2 weeks old today...she has already gained a pound from her birth weight and is now 9lbs6oz!  She dropped down to 8lbs a few days after birth so she really has gained ALOT in a short time.  I feel like I am always breastfeeding!  The past week has been really tough with the lack of sleep, its alot different with baby #2 because I cant nap when Grace naps due to an energetic 2 1/2 year old.  Luckily Parks does still have one nap for about an hour, but its really tricky to get Grace to sleep at the same time...but that's all the complaints I have.  It is so helpful to have my parents here now.  They arrived on Tuesday and my mom will be staying until the end of the month:)  phewf.  Unfortunately poor little Grace has a bit of a cold that Parks and I gave her, so she has a really stuffy nose especially at night time, I hate when babies have stuffy noses...its so sad.  So that is the main reason she isn't able to sleep more than 3-4 hours in a row, at the most, at night time.  Breastfeeding helps clear her, so that makes me feel better...as for me my incision is still sore, I cant really go for long walks (which I am dieing to do!)  but overall the recovery has been alot better than my first time.  I also have a bladder infection that I got from the birth, so that sucks too cuz now I am on antibiotics for a week.  Luckily the side effects are only affecting me and not Grace.  What an experience this whole thing is, it is such a blessing to get to have your own children,  I am so unbelievably thankful for Grace and Parks in my life.

 Getting some sun to help the little bit of jaundice that she had and letting the breeze flow with her diaper off:)

Grace's first time going to church on Sunday...this was the only outfit that fit her little newborn self:)

No comments:

Post a Comment