Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Nana's visit!!!

My Mom was able to fly out for a week visit.  I sucked it up with taking pictures, but we had such a nice time.  Sadly Mom wasn't feeling 100% but she still managed to be so much fun for the kids and a huge help with me around the house.  We went shopping...Parks got a new bunk bed from Nana and Papa that he and Grace will share once she's out of her crib...Nana was here for Parks' first swimming lessons, Mom and I went out for dinner/shopping....Matt and I got to go on a datenight, Matt was off work on Saturday so we brought Nana hiking...Matt and I love taking the kids hiking now...we hiked Fullerton Loop in Elbow Valley.  It was a 5k hike...unknowingly we started at the end which was all up 'mountain' for the entire 1st km!  Nana was a trooper but after doing 1k with Parks on his run bike, me pushing the chariot with Grace and Nana pumping oil:) we decided that we would turn around and go back down...it was a bit much and we weren't prepared...we had a nice picnic lunch though and the weather was beautiful:-)  We all had wonderful naps when we got home!  All and all it was just so nice to spend time with my Mom.  She is such a wonderful spirit to have in our home.  I cant wait to fly out in November and see her and the rest of my family:)

New bunkbed!


Grace definately looks like Matt...but in looking at this picture...i'd have to say she looks a lot like her Nana too! hmmmm

She didn't play strange with her Nana at all...besides saying 'nooo' to everything Nana asked her:)

Parks has always loved his snuggles with Nana...here they are in the morning

Nana and Parks

Hiking in Elbow Valley


Parks getting ready to go on his run bike

Taking a picnic lunch break

Taking a muchly needed break after climbing a big hill:)

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh...I still can't comment as myself (under my google account) but I can comment anonymously. This is Meagan by the way (and that last post was me too.

    Anwyay...so FUN! We set up bunkbeds for Hailey this weekend too. Although they aren't nearly as cool as Parks' bed. I'm glad you had such a good visit with your mom! She's an awesome mom/grandma!

    ReplyDelete