Sunday, April 21, 2013
Hunting SUCCESS!
I guess you can say Matt is happy with his hunt this year:) I went out and hunted Elk with him on his birthday to make him happy...and kind of realized why he loves hunting so much...its pretty peaceful out there in the wide open...i think i went out 4 times in total this year...more and more each year i guess...He started out with a small Bull Moose (which is still a HUGE animal)....he is definitely the 'Moose whisperer' this is his 4th year in a row getting a moose!! Good thing moose meat is my favorite wild meat to eat. He than almost got a Bull Elk, but after hours of searching...it was never found which means it probably never died. It was a sad day because Matt has yet to get an Elk. The hunt continued into November....at which point I am getting really sick and tired of him hunting every spare chance he got...BUT mid month he shot a Buck of a Lifetime!! It was a Mule deer that Matt and his Dad nicknamed 'Holy Crap'. They had both been watching this big guy from a far for 2 years! It is a special story for Matt and his Dad working together to get Matt this Buck of a Lifetime....it also helps that it was a great shot with his bow:) Paul and Calvin were down visiting for that week to hunt too so it was a lot of fun for them to all be with Matt on this very proud day! Matt later found out that this buck was huge! It measured 216 gross and 210 5/8 net...this makes it the Biggest Buck shot in Alberta in 2012!! The kids nicknamed him Clifford but than decided on Roger, so he goes by Roger (Clifford is his nickname...lol). Matt informed me that he is getting Roger mounted so we can hang him on our wall...hmmm not so sure I like that...it takes about 6 months so I guess I have some time to decide...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment